I have been putting this post together for quite some time, and for this reason or that, it wasn’t ready to post…but now I feel like it’s ready to be turned loose!
So…with no more hesitation
Joon van Spirit 2014 Edition
C’mon…you think I’d give up all this hard work that easily? I think not…right away… tee hee
Pressing the refresh button on Joon, had much involved, with James doing about 98.9% of the work. For those of you that might have missed the post I did about some of the updates to Joon, here is a snippet of that post:
- New Radiator
- New Water Pump
- New Rancho shocks (front)
- Suspension Belt
- AC Pump (done in the shop)
- Power Steering Pump (done in the shop)
- Put “pucks” in front, lifting it about 5 inches
- New shackles in back
- New Leaf Springs (5 instead of 3)
- New Rancho shocks (back)
- All three components together on back of van
The last 2 1/2 months of our upgrade were dedicated more to working, saving, buying, then waiting for our purchase. Those items included:
- FRIDGE ~ 33 qt. Dometic by Waeco
Fridge link~ http://www.amazon.com/Dometic-CF-035AC110-Coolmatic-Control-Refrigerator/dp/B0017YFDGO
- All NEW bedding: 4 inch, 4 lb. density memory foam, that sits on top of two (side by side) self-inflating, sleeping pads. We bought a pump that can inflate and deflate the bed much better and faster than we can, and everything rolls up together now!! (see picture below)
Air Pad Link ~ http://www.amazon.com/ALPS-Mountaineering-Comfort-Series-Air/dp/B000MQ80DG
- Replaced the windshield
- Motorcycle hitch that fits the van perfectly with a 600 lb. tow capacity, and will carry the dirt bike & bicycles…oh did I mention we also got a dirt bike!?!
and last but not least…
In between the buying and the receiving of the big items, James tightened up a few last things:
New back brake pads and drums
Applied square U-bolts to back doors; 4 on driver side for chairs & 2 on passenger side for gas can
And other than a couple of other small changes, that we’ve made since getting back on the road, that’s about it!
Joon’s “junk in her trunk” (the big hump on top of the van) has lost some of her height, but her curves remain! Once we were back on the road, we did even more rearranging, reorganizing and even tossing some more things out… just these little things have made our journey much more manageable.
I introduce to you
Mack Daddy version
of our Joon van Spirit
✦ ✦ ✦ ✦
My tribe is pretty stoked on what we shall conquer in 2014 with Joon van Spirit.
The van, The Man and the girls are all pretty happy campers….can’t ask for too much more than that!
Peacefully wishing you blue skies & clear windshields!
peace ✦ tribe